Thursday, May 15, 2014

The After Effect of the "Not So Healthy" Slimming Coffee

I weighed myself today and I cried. Yes, I did and I almost want to die. I am now considered as severely obese having a BMI of 39 and weighing 240lbs. I have not weighed this heavy in my entire 25 years of existence. *sigh* How I gained this much? It's a very long story but let me give you the vital info to at least forewarn you.


3 years ago, I am just overweight weighing 176lbs. I am 5'7" tall so I was just like 20lbs away to at least get a normal BMI.


                                                      Here's what I look like 3 years ago


I wanted to be fit and sexy so I started to consider dieting. I tried taking diet pills from China which were very in demand back then but I did not lose much weight. One day, upon browing through some facebook photos, I found some advertisements regarding a certain slimming coffee. I found the feedbacks so enticing and I craved for the loss the clients of the seller had. Without even thinking twice, I ordered 3 boxes of the coffee. I started drinking it the next day to lose the excess weight I was carrying. It was a success, I lost pounds after pounds. I lost my appetite and my sweet tooth. I could not even finish a meal with half cup of rice and a small serving of viand. I felt full with just a few bites. I resorted with just eating crackers 6x a day and then, I've read an article about water therapy so I tried.

I lost a whopping 40lbs in just less than two months. It's a miracle. It was indeed or so I thought. Two months after that metabolism-breaking diet, I was so ill. I always feel an unbearable pain on the right upper part of my abdomen. I vomit every night and was nauseous all the time. I went to the doctor and he gave me a request for an ultrasound. I was diagnosed with a gallbladder disease caused by fasting. I had to undergo a surgery to remove my gallbladder and all the weight gain started few weeks after my operation. My metabolism was so messed up that even if I ate only a small portion of meals every day, I gained weight. Add the fact that I was not allowed to do heavy exercises. I became afraid to weigh myself. So I got bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER.


I am severely obese and I can die young. I have a family history of diabetes and hypertension so I am at risk of having either one of the two or both. Sigh. I lost all the self-esteem and confidence I used to have. I had to throw away a closet-full of clothes and I can't even mingle with old friends because I am too shy. I don't take pictures anymore too. I am just miserable.


I am now planning to do a diet I have been researching for weeks now. I sincerely hope I can get my life back the soonest time possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment